First sports psychotherapy conference
If you have an interest in psychotherapy and sport, this conference (the first of its kind) is for you.
Find out how clinical psychotherapy used in elite sport can affect performance player well-being.
- Dr Karl Steptoe (performance psychologist at Loughborough University and Leicester City)
- Micheal Bennett (PFA)
- Gary Bloom (clinical sports psychotherapist at Oxford United)
- Karl Robinson (first-team manager at Oxford United)
- Dan Harris (head of academy at Oxford United)
- how to get the best out of elite sportsmen and women
- how to look after young elite professionals
- what is ethical leadership?
- effective modalities of psychotherapy in elite sport
- the relationship between psychotherapy and performance
- practical advice and help from inside sports clubs
- hear what happened when the first psychotherapist entered a professional football club
Ideal for psychotherapy students or graduates interested in pursuing a career in elite sport.
If you have a question for one of our speakers, get in touch to have a chance to win a complimentary ticket.
Hosted by Gary Bloom
The event is hosted by the Oxford formula and Oxford United. It is the brainchild of UKCP accredited therapist Gary Bloom who has been working for the past 18 months at Oxford United FC. In this period the club have improved their league position and form. Gary is the host of Talksport’s iconic mental health radio show “on the sporting couch”