- Counselling Directory - Find a Counsellor Near You>
- Enhanced compassion focussed therapy (CFT) for perinatal...
Enhanced compassion focussed therapy (CFT) for perinatal distress
The objective of this workshop is to deepen the knowledge and skills of clinicians who already have some training and experience in delivering CFT interventions for parents in the perinatal period. It aims to enhance skills in harnessing the therapeutic relationship and the application of CFT in working with threat based emotions such as anger, anxiety and sadness in the therapeutic space. There will be an emphasis on honing CFT skills such as compassionate imagery, the multiple-self exercise, letter writing and chair exercises. In addition, the application of CFT to birth trauma and fertility difficulties, pregnancy and neonatal loss will be discussed. The workshop will include practical experience of some of the compassionate mind training exercises. All participants completing the workshop will receive a certificate of attendance.
- Assessment and formulation of perinatal distress using a CFT framework
- Working with anger, anxiety and sadness in the perinatal period
- Working with compassionate imagery in the perinatal period
- Using in session out of session CFT exercises in the perinatal period: multiple selves, letter writing and chair work
- Using CFT to formulate and work with birth trauma
Using CFT to formulate and work with fertility problems and perinatal loss
Dr Christine Langhoff is a clinical psychologist, director of Circle Psychology Partners and a member of the DCP Faculty of Perinatal Psychology. She has advanced level training in CFT. She sees clients in her private practice in Dulwich and provides CFT, ACT and CBT supervision to clinical and counselling psychologists.