Energy in the therapeutic relationship
The energy that the therapist carries into each session can influence how the client interacts and how safe they feel at an unconscious level. This will effect the the depth at which the therapist and client are able to work.
With the help of highly sensitive horses as co-facilitators, the course tutors will help therapists to understand how their own energy may impact their work.
This course will include:
- A safety talk about working around horses, do's and don'ts.
- Meeting four to five therapy horses and identifying how you experience them.
- Identifying your own arousal levels and techniques in how to change them.
- Identifying the energy you are carrying and where in your body you are holding it.
- Engaging in four exercises with therapy horses to help you consider and reflect on how important your energy is in your work with clients.
- Active and reflective learning.
- Increase awareness of your body and the energy you carry.
- An awareness of how energy is held in your body and how if effects your practice.
- Learning how movement can help release energy blocks and receive instant feedback from the therapy horses.
About Ivan Broad
Ivan Broad - MBACP, MNCS (Accr).
I'm a qualified Counsellor/Psychotherapist.
For 10 years I worked as a group facilitator within a Forensic Therapeutic Community and managed 20 and 40 bed communities.
Ivan works in Private Practice in Staffordshire and is a Director of SCEAP, a Community Interest Company delivering Equine Assisted Psychotherapy.