Ego state therapy
CPD - Ego state therapy
Workshop dates: 19th January 2019, 23rd February, 23rd March. Cost £65.00 to include refreshments and a free lunch. A certificate of CPD will be given.
Ego state therapy is a really creative model which looks at our personality as being made up of different ego states, each with their own associated physiological and psychological memories, At any time, one of our states can be conscious and be in control of our current actions. However, not all our ego states work in unison and may be in contention with one another. Further to this, some states may remain hidden but still have a great affect upon us, such as reliving a traumatic experience or finding ourselves reacting inappropriately to a situation and not know why.
This series of three workshops will help counsellors work creatively with their client using both hypnotic and non-hypnotic techniques to help the client resolve their presenting issues using ego state therapy.
- Discovering the presence and nature of ego states.
- Explore the formation of ego states.
- Address typical pathologies experienced by ego states.
- Working with surface using non-hypnotic techniques.
- Learning to use basic hypnosis skills to track significant ages relating to a clients current issue.
- Working with underlying ego states using hypnotic techniques.
- Discovering and resolving introjects.
- Resolving traumatic experiences.
- Helping the ego states to work together to achieve inner peace.
And much more!
The workshops will consist of an input of theory and followed by mainly experiential activities drawing upon personal experiences both current and past.
Participants will be expected to commit to all three workshops in order to be deemed competent to effectively use ego state therapy in their client work.
Dates: 19th January 2019, 23rd February, 23rd March.
Cost £65.00 to include refreshments and a free lunch. A certificate of CPD will be given.
Numbers are limited on this workshop. To secure your space, please email Emma Weston at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am taking bookings for these workshops on behalf of Solutions At Work.
About Emma Weston
Mike Johnston-Price is a Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Supervisor and Trainer