Effective couples counselling
40 Mayors Road
With practical exercises, alongside systemic and psychodynamic theoretical aspects of working with the couple dynamic, attendees will leave the course feeling confident about building their practice in this challenging area of counselling support.
Book online at http://www.thecfc.org.uk/effective-couples-counselling
Who is this course for?
This course has been specifically designed for counsellors and psychotherapists looking to build their knowledge, experience, and practice in the interesting, fascinating and demanding world of couples counselling. Working with not one but two people in the counselling room, who are often in conflict, can be incredibly challenging for the counsellor. By providing practical exercises alongside systemic and psychodynamic theoretical aspects of working with the couple dynamic, attendees will leave the course feeling confident about building their practice in this crucial area of counselling support.
Three additional one-day workshops complement this four-day course;
- Working with a sexual focus - 26/10/19
- Using active techniques with couples - 16/11/19
- Diversity in couples counselling - 07/12/19
Outcomes for attendees
- Build therapeutic bonds in a couple dynamic whilst holding the balance in the room.
- Encourage participation, particularly if one party is reluctant to engage.
- Understand and work with different relationship styles.
- Build positive communication between couples.
- Maintain your own impartiality in challenging interactions.
- Improve conflict resolution skills.
- Recognise domestic abuse and its impact on the couple relationship.
- Enhance and adapt your listening skills to work with couples.
- Recognise and work with your own material in relation to couples.
- Understand diversity (e.g. cultural, sexuality, ethnicity) and how it specifically impacts on a couple relationship.
- Understand life stages and loss, and the impact on the couple dynamic.
Saturday 28th-Sunday 29th September 2019 and Saturday 5th-Sunday 6th October 2019.
An experienced counsellor and trainer who specialises in relationship therapy, Alex has an MA in Relationship Therapy and is an accredited member of NCS. Alex teaches for Relate as well as presents seminars and training on LGBTQ issues in counselling.