Eating disorders: understanding anorexia and bulimia. How can we support and work with sufferers?
On this interactive workshop, you will gain an understanding of the essential characteristics of anorexia and bulimia as well as gaining knowledge of how to support and work with sufferers in a variety of settings. The day will cover the following topics:
- What is an eating disorder?
- Characteristics of anorexia (DSMV reference).
- Characteristics of bulimia (DSMV reference).
- Cycle of addiction and its correlation to anorexia/bulimia.
- Other addictive behaviours often associated with anorexia/bulimia.
- Interactive group workshop.
- The solution.
- 12 step introduction for working with anorexia/bulimia.
Key Speaker - Rochelle Craig
Rochelle has been in recovery from BED (binge eating disorder) for over 20 years. She has a masters degree in addiction counselling and is accredited with FDAP (Federation of Drug and Alcohol Professionals). She works with all addictions, specialising in compulsive overeating/BED/food addiction at The Living Room Project in Hertfordshire, as well as delivering her BACP endorsed CPD training programme.
To book please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or go to our website at www.accordtherapists.com.
About the host
Accord CPD events.
In response to a lack of local, first class training events for therapists, we launched Accord in November 2013 to provide a varied programme of interesting and stimulating CPD on a wide range of topics for therapists and other professionals.
To book go to our website at www.accordtherapists.com