Disclosure, safeguarding and the criminal justice process: your obligations to survivors of abuse
Do you work in private practice and uncertain of your duties and obligations regarding:
- Client disclosure regarding abuse or sexual violence?
- Safeguarding responsibilities?
- The criminal justice process?
Sally and Lynsey have extensive experience working in specialist services for survivors or the Crown Prosecution Service. They are both now experienced accredited psychotherapists.
- How to manage a client's disclosure.
- Understanding your pre-trial therapy obligations.
- Balancing safeguarding and confidentiality.
The course will include a mixture of didactic/powerpoint learning, discussions and opportunity to ask questions. You will also receive a resource pack at the end of the training.
About the host
Lynsey Lowe is a BACP accredited therapist with experience of working with survivors of abuse. She worked for a specialist service for 5 years & now works in private practice as a therapist and supervisor. Sally French was a sexual offences specialist lawyer who worked for the CPS for 25 years. She is a UKCP accredited therapist in private practice