Diploma in integrative sandplay therapy
This course is taught by Ruth Baker and consists of four, three-day weekends.
- Diploma in integrative sandplay therapy
7th, 8th, 9th February 2020
- Diploma in integrative sandplay therapy one
20th, 21st, 22nd March 2020
- Diploma in integrative sandplay therapy two
1st, 2nd, 3rd May 2020
- Diploma in integrative sandplay therapy three
26th, 27th, 28th June 2020
- Diploma in integrative sandplay therapy four
Contact hours total - 102.
The course includes;
- a series of experiential trays
- child development, from Freud to the transpersonal. Emphasis is placed on the work of Jung, Neumann, and the archetypal and transpersonal perspectives
- Jung’s theories of archetypes and complexes, mythology, dreams, symbols, and archetypes
- post-Jungian psychology, including the work of James Hillman, Thomas Moore, and Ibn Arabí
- concepts of the self - from Freud to the transpersonal
- introduction to Jungian alchemical theory and the stages identified by Edinger
- the importance of the creative imagination in connecting the conscious and unconscious aspects of the psyche
- creative visualisation and mindfulness practices
- guidelines for safe and ethical practice
- how to evaluate a sandtray
- discussions link the theory and practice
Ruth Baker is an experienced integrative psychotherapist who has trained to an advanced level in integrative sandplay therapy. She has been teaching sandplay for a number of years and has consistently good feedback about the quality of her courses. Ruth was trained by John Daly a psychologist and psychotherapist who is one of the country’s leading teachers of sandplay therapy. He is a founding director of the Association of Integrative Sandplay Therapy. John developed the first recognised MA in transpersonal psychotherapy in the UK.
Participants from a range of backgrounds are welcome to apply for these courses: counsellors, psychotherapists, students, psychologists, youth workers, social workers, teachers, TA’s, etc. If you are unsure of your eligibility, please contact Ruth.
This course is accredited by the Association of Integrative Sandplay Therapists.
The venue is based in the heart of Totnes, and houses a large sandplay symbol collection, comfortable training facilities, and a kitchen. Totnes has a number of charity shops and a market where unusual symbols can often be found.
For more information, please check www.sandplayuk.uk
Hosted by Ruth Baker
The Nautilus Rooms host a comfortable group room and kitchen facilities. Totnes is an excellent place to source symbols in the lunch break. For more information contact: Ruth Baker Email: email@example.com Tel: 07736334454 Check www.sandplayuk.uk for information about this course and futher training in sandplay therapy and therapeutic art.