Developing a compassionate mind
Aimed at those who wish to understand compassion and how to cultivate it in their lives and their practice.
Aims of the workshop
- What is compassion and why is it important?
- Understanding the theory and research behind mindful self-compassion - including understanding our complex minds and negative bias
- The three arrows of suffering what are they and how do we attend to them with compassion
- How to integrate mindfulness and self-compassion skills into daily life
- Looking at failure, self-criticism and inadequacy and responding with self-kindness
- Looking at Paul Gilberts three-circle model and connecting to the soothe system
- How to enhance and deepen connection with others.
This is an experiential course which will involve theory and an introduction to a series of meditative techniques to cultivate self-compassion.
More information at https://compassionate-mind-june-18.eventbrite.co.uk
About the host
Greenwood Events organises affordable CPD workshops in Scotland. This is achieved through collaboration and partnership working between experienced counsellors and trainers and Greenwood Events. www.greenwoodevents.co.uk