Develop your self-awareness
Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself.
How well do you know yourself? Would you like to know yourself better? Afraid of what you might find? What if it's good news! Knowledge is power concluded the well-known philosopher Foucault and that includes self-knowledge.
This is a short three-session introduction designed to help you reach greater self-awareness. Making any unknowns in this area known to you will be helpful as you navigate the various ups and downs of life and shine a light on the darkness that ignorance of self-knowledge entails. Self-awareness, aka knowledge of oneself, is key to the path of self-development. You will also develop a greater understanding of others, too.
Topics covered include:
- Identifying your strengths, values and needs - the things that are important to and for you.
- Understanding your personality type (Big Five Personality Traits, etc).
- Identify unhelpful thinking and know how to challenge it.
- Develop emotional intelligence.
- Identify and begin to change unhelpful safety behaviours .
- Understand the triggers and causes of mental and emotional difficulty, learn how to spot the cycle early on and learn techniques you need to know to work with or through them.
- Develop a personal plan of action.
The course is free and anyone over the age of 18 is welcome to apply.
A short Zoom session (approx 30 mins) is required to complete the course application paperwork, so do be sure to apply in advance of the course start date.
How to apply:
Contact Jayne on 01604 633304 or email email@example.com.