Creativity and cake
Let me pour you a cuppa and offer you a slice of cake, as we come together to examine creativity and what this means for ourselves and our clients.
"It is in playing and only in playing that the individual child or adult is able to be creative and to use the whole personality, and it is only in being creative that the individual discovers the self." - Donald Winnicott
Creative activities have long been linked to health and well-being, so I invite you to be inspired with a day of experiential learning and discussion about how creativity can be used to keep you and your clients well.
The day will include an exploration of poetry, creative writing, photography, and art.
Hopes for the day...
- Experience how creative and playful we are.
- Discover ways to use writing and imagery therapeutically.
- Share our experiences with play and what gets in the way.
- Gain inspiration for ways to help others discover their creativity.
- Discuss the neuroscience behind creativity.
- Learn about how trauma impacts the ability to experience joy.
- Explore how play and creativity can be used as an opposite action for anxiety.
- Take away a resource list of books and articles for further development.
- "Play is a state of mind, rather than an activity" - Stuart Brown.
The day includes refreshments, lunch... and cake!
About Mel Riley
Mel Riley is a BACP Senior Accredited Counsellor whose been working in Private Practice for 12 years, working creatively with Adults, children and families. With her Therapy Sausage Dog River.