CPD 2018 - working therapeutically with obesity - looking at food addiction & binge eating disorder
Aims and objectives:
- To gain an understanding of a therapeutic treatment for obesity incorporating the bio-psycho-socio-spiritual 12-step model
- To gain an understanding of how to integrate this model of treatment into your own practice
- What research has demonstrated
- Comparison between compulsive overeating/bingeing and DSM-V substance dependence criteria
- Cycle of addiction
- What is binge eating disorder?
- Addictive behaviours often connected to compulsive overeating
- Difference between group therapy and 12-step groups
- Family/personal history
- The solution
- Interactive group workshop
- Abstinence – what is it?
- Introduction and overview of the 12-step model and it’s use during and after therapeutic treatment
- Thought for the day
Five hour CPD Certificates issued
- Occupational therapists
- Youth workers
- Family therapists
- Personal trainers
- General practitioners
- Social workers
About the host
CPD 2 - workshop on Saturday 17 March at same venue- 10am - 4pm
Understanding anorexia & bulimia - how do we support and work with sufferers?
£65 paid before Jan 30th (Obesity)
£65 paid before Feb 20th (anorexia)
£120 for both courses paid before Jan 30th
I can also bring this event to you for a set fee. Please email me.