CPD 2018 - understanding anorexia & bulimia - how can we support and work with sufferers?
Aims and objectives:
- To gain an understanding of the essential characteristics of anorexia and bulimia
- To gain knowledge of the 12-step model for use in supporting sufferers
- What is an eating disorder?
- Characteristics of anorexia/characteristics of bulimia (DSM V reference)
- Research – anorexia and addiction
- Cycle of addiction and its connection to anorexia/bulimia
- Anorexia/binge eating/bulimia – the triple threat
- Attachment theory relating to eating disorders
- Case study
- 12-step model and it correlation to the nice guidelines for working with eating disorders
- Steps 1-12 summarised
- Lily’s poem
5 hour CPD certificates issued
- Occupational therapists
- Youth workers
- Family therapists
- Personal trainers
- General practitioners
- Social workers
About the host
Details of second workshop:
CPD - working with obesity - looking at food addiction and binge eating disorder.
Same venue. 10am-4pm Sat 24 Feb
£65 (obesity) paid before 30 Jan
£65 (anorexia) paid before 20 Feb
£120 for both courses paid before Jan 30.
I can also bring training workshops to you for a set fee. Please contact me