Counselling children and young people - post qualifying certificate
A rare and exciting course, this 120 hour, four module course is for experienced counsellors and psychotherapists who want to develop their therapeutic practice with children and young people. Well spaced out with four modules from September 2018 until completion in May 2020, this allows time to study, practice, reflect and develop.
Covering areas including:
- Children and young people developing relationships, attachment and self.
- Building the therapeutic relationship - creative considerations.
- The law, ethics and systems.
- Counselling and professional practice - 20 hours therapy, supervision and placement.
With psychodynamic underpinnings, the course focuses on developing practitioner's skills and knowledge to work ethically and effectively with children and young people.
- Diploma in counselling.
- An interest in developing practices with children and young people.
- Membership of professional counselling body and adhere to COSCA/BACP's ethical frameworks.
- Professional indemnity insurance.
- Some direct experience working with children and young people is desirable.
For applicant forms or further information, contact - email@example.com or call 0141 221 3003.
CrossReach Counselling Services provide counselling to over 1500 clients per year. The counselling service started over 31 years ago and now have an extensive portfolio of provision across Scotland from Moray & Inverness to the Lothians and Glasgow.
This training is delivered by qualified counsellors/trainers who are very experience CYP therapists