COSCA counselling skills course
The COSCA Counselling Skills course is suitable for anyone whose work performance would benefit from the use of enhanced listening skills within the workplace.
This course is an excellent first step for anyone interested in training as a counsellor. The COSCA Counselling Skills course is widely included by higher education establishments as part of their entry criteria for undergraduate qualifications in counselling.
Previous participants on the course have come from nursing, healthcare, teaching, social work, law enforcement, social care, employability and human resources.
Participants will develop particular skills and knowledge including:
- Effective listening and people skills that will benefit personal and work relationships.
- Self-awareness and a better ability to reflect, enabling more effective interventions.
- Knowledge of the theory that validates the effectiveness of counselling skills.
- Understanding of the ethical framework required in all supporting relationships.
- A professional recognised qualification, providing 40 SCQF credits at SCQF level.
About The Spark Counselling
The Spark Counselling is a leading provider of couples counselling, marriage counselling, individual counselling and school-based counselling in Scotland.
This is complemented by an extensive range of professional training and education programmes provided by The Spark.
Courses range from introductory programmes to masters qualifications.