COSCA Certificate in Counselling Skills course (2018/19)
The COSCA Counselling Skills course represents the first step for those considering a career in counselling and provides a basic foundation in the principles of therapy.
The Spark is unique in only using professional counsellors to deliver the COSCA Counselling Skills course. All teaching and practical sessions are delivered by our own team of counsellors, offering trainees added insight into the profession.
Participants will develop particular skills and knowledge, including:
- Effective listening and people skills that will benefit personal and work relationships.
- Self-awareness and a better ability to reflect, enabling more effective interventions.
- Knowledge of the theory that validates the effectiveness of counselling skills.
- Understanding of the ethical framework required in all supporting relationships.
- A professional recognised qualification, providing 40 SCQF credits at SCQF level eight.
Delivery of the course will take place from September 2018 until May 2019 in Glasgow.
A similar course will run in Aberdeen from September 2018 until June 2019.
The four modules are 30 hours each and are typically completed within 12 months. Participants are required to achieve 85% attendance per module.
How to book
To find out more and book, visit The Spark website: https://www.thespark.org.uk/professionals/cosca-counselling-skills-course/
Hosted by The Spark Counselling
The Spark Counselling is a leading provider of couples counselling, marriage counselling, individual counselling and school-based counselling in Scotland. This is complemented by an extensive range of professional training and education programmes provided by The Spark. Courses range from introductory programmes to masters qualifications.