COSCA certificate in counselling skills course
The COSCA counselling skills course is suitable for anyone whose work performance would benefit from the use of enhanced listening skills within the workplace.
Previous participants on the course have come from nursing, health care, teaching, social work, law enforcement, social care, employability and human resources.
This course is an excellent first step for anyone interested in training as a counsellor. The COSCA counselling skills course is widely included by higher education establishments as part of their entry criteria for undergraduate qualifications in counselling.
Participants will develop particular skills and knowledge including:
- Effective listening and people skills that will benefit personal and work relationships.
- Self-awareness and a better ability to reflect, enabling more effective interventions.
- Knowledge of the theory that validates the effectiveness of counselling skills.
- Understanding of the ethical framework required in all supporting relationships.
- A professional recognised qualification, providing 40 SCQF credits at SCQF level eight.
The four modules are 30 hours each and are typically completed within 12 months. Participants are required to achieve 85% attendance per module.
Training sessions will be held in The Spark's training centre in Glasgow.
How to book
To find out more and book, visit The Spark website: https://www.thespark.org.uk/professionals/cosca-counselling-skills-course/
About The Spark Counselling
The Spark is validated by COSCA, Scotland’s professional body for counselling and psychotherapy, to deliver the four Module (120 hours) COSCA certificate in counselling skills course. The Spark is a national relationship counselling charity and training organisation that has operated for over 50 years.