COSCA certificate in clinical supervision
Please note: This course may move online, depending on COSCA and the Scottish Government's guidelines in relation to COVID nearer the time.
The course aims to provide participants with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to deliver clinical supervision within various models of supervision, and within these, from a variety of trans-theoretical approaches.
The course will also address the complexities related to delivering clinical supervision within an organisational context. Lastly, tailoring the supervision provided to supervisees’ stages of development will also be extensively addressed.
The course will be delivered by experienced tutors of differing modalities to reflect the transtheoretical nature of the learning. Tutors are experienced and qualified supervisors who will be generous in sharing their own supervisory experiences in order to bring the learning to life. The group experience, as well as the learning, is important to ACT, and tutors are also experienced group facilitators and Diploma Level facilitators.
This course should appeal to any qualified counsellors, accredited counsellors or psychotherapists (must be two years post-qualified) considering beginning the provision of clinical supervision or indeed enhancing existing supervisory practice.
Feedback has suggested that we should make applicants aware of any costs surrounding the course and subsequent supervisory practice. These are likely to be:
- payment of supervision of supervisory practice
- possibly membership with a professional body (if not already in place)
- insurance (often no additional cost if insurance for private therapy practice is in place. You must however make your insurer aware that you are providing supervision)
- ongoing CPD on completion of the course (autonomously chosen by you, but check professional bodies’ requirements
- supervisor accreditation (if you decide to do this and if this is a category offered by your professional body)
Find more information and book your place via Eventbrite.
For upcoming events in 2022, visit greenwoodevents.co.uk.
Hosted by Audrey Smith
Greenwood Events runs affordable CPD training and aspires to facilitate a vibrant and lively network of like-minded people working in the helping profession who meet up to learn, network and share expertise and knowledge. Join the Greenwood Events mailing list here - http://eepurl.com/dLYUu2 or by emailing email@example.com