Conversion course for qualified therapists to work with children
Counselling children and young people. Conversion course for qualifies counsellors, diploma level and above.
Do you want to work therapeutically with children and young people? This 65-hour conversion Diploma, mapped to BACP SETS, will enable you to work with children and young people aged four to 18.
Nine full online Zoom days and one practical face-to-face day - choice of locations. Commencing February 2021.
To apply, candidates must fulfil the following criteria:
- Diploma level in Counselling (Level 4) qualification or above.
- Post qualification practice experience of 50 hours.
- Access to a specialist C&YP supervisor during your course.
- Membership of a counselling body such as BACP, NCS or UKCP at Member level or above.
- Appropriate professional insurance.
Syllabus and reading list available - please email.
For an application form and further details please email email@example.com.
Course information - including academic and course requirements:
This post-grad diploma conversion consists of taught theory, practical application of play therapy techniques and assessment of clinical practice.
The curriculum focuses on child development, attachment theory, creative and play therapy and legal and ethical issues.
The course is delivered using an integrative modality and therapists are encouraged to develop their own style of working.
To complete the course, participants will:
- Complete 50 hours of child therapy practise under supervision by a suitably qualified supervisor.
- Minimum supervision 1.5 hours per month for C&YP work.
- Gain a satisfactory practice report from their supervisor.
- Two written assignments of 3000 words and a case study of 3000 words.
- Reflective journal.
- Deliver a short presentation on an aspect of child therapy.
- Full attendance on all training days. Missed days can be delivered on a 1-2-1 basis for an extra fee.
Fees and additional costs: Course fee (£1195 or early bird fee of £995), supervision fees (approximately £55-70 per hour), insurance, play materials. A non-refundable deposit of £195 must be made at the time of booking.
December offer: Book this course for £995, saving £200. Offer expires at midnight on 31st December 2020.
Hosted by Julia Tolley
Julia Tolley, TSTA (P), CTA(P), UKCP Registered Psychotherapist and Supervisor, BACP (Accred), MCIPD, BPS, Trainer, and Coach. Tutor in Manchester and West Midlands. Rachel Curtis TSTA (P), CTA (P), UKCP Registered Psychotherapist and Supervisor, Rachel has a client/supervision practice in North Wales. Tutor in Liverpool and West Midlands