Conversion course for qualified therapists to work with children
Diploma in working with children and young people for adult-trained psychotherapists
This conversion programme was written to bridge the gap between the BACP and UKCP Standards of Education and Training (SET's) for adult-trained therapists to the SET's for working with children.
Upon completion of this diploma, which includes written work and a placement of 50 hours of contact time as a therapist working with children, therapists will be able to work in private practice, charities, NHS, and other agencies with children and young people as well as adults in the capacity of children and adolescent therapist/counsellor alongside their other qualifications.
Applicants will already hold a diploma, Level 4 or above in adult counselling/psychotherapy, and be a member of a national body, such as BACP, UKCP or NCS.
This course runs over one year with six weekend modules
- Module 1 – fundamentals of attachment and attachment theory
- Module 2 – child dev models and comparative approaches to psychotherapy and counselling children and young people
- Module 3 – safety and protection, safeguarding and professional practice
- Module 4 – therapy with children and young people
- Module 5 – treatment planning, clinical issues, including supervision and case study preparation
- Module 6 – managing parents and agencies. safe endings and good grief rituals.
- 12th and 13th October 2024
- 7th and 8th December 2024
- 8th and 9th February 2025
- 12th and 13 April 2025
- 7th and 8th June 0225
- 12th and 13th July 2025
For more information and to register your interest contact the Admin Team on 0161 862 9456.