Compassionate mind training
Would you like to feel more accepting of yourself and be able to calm yourself easier when distressed?
This course is aimed at improving self-esteem, lessening self-criticism and reducing feelings of shame.
This eight-week compassionate mind training is based on compassion-focused therapy, which was developed by Professor Paul Gilbert.
The course includes;
- eight (one and a half hour) sessions which include participation in a range of guided compassion-focused practices taught in a secular way and exploration of experiences following these practices
- a 20-30 minute phone or video call before the course to discuss what the course involves and what you hope to gain from it
- handouts to accompany each of the sessions of the course
- guided audio recordings in electronic format so you can easily have them on your phone or any portable audio device
- email and/or telephone support between sessions as needed
- a 20-30 minute review phone or video call at the end of the course (optional)
- discounted attendance at all future day retreats I run to help you to maintain your practice
- lifetime membership to my Compassionate Mind Practice Development Community on Facebook which allows you to ask questions and receive ongoing support once the course has finished (optional)
You will finish the course equipped with new skills to develop well-being and better self-esteem as well as to manage stress, anxiety, and low mood.
Here's what some previous attendees of Compassionate Mind Training with me have said in their feedback at the end of courses.
"I remember how low I was before and how thinly I was stretching myself just to feel adequate. It’s wonderful to have moments now where I can just lie on my bed listening to music and be completely content"
"I feel I have improved greatly in the last few weeks thanks to the techniques taught and the open encouraging atmosphere nurtured by practitioners and attendees"
"I feel more self-accepting and happy"
Places on this course are limited to 15 to provide the best possible attendee experience, early booking is advisable.
If you would like to learn more about Compassionate Mind Training and try experiencing some practices before committing to the eight-week course I am offering an introductory session on Thursday 16th January, 7:30-9 pm. Details are on my website at the address given below.
Please contact me if you have any questions or you can reserve a place and arrange the initial complimentary phone or video call through my website -exetercounsellingandmindfulness.com/compassionate-mind-training-in-exeter.
About Sarah Lane
I am a qualified Integrative Counsellor and Mindfulness Teacher and also have a MSc in Psychology. I have been facilitating Compassionate Mind Training for the last 4 years and have attended several training courses in Compassion Focused Therapy, including a couple led by Professor Paul Gilbert himself.