Clinical training program in imago relationship therapy
For psychotherapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, marriage and family therapists seeking expertise in couples therapy.
Dates for 2018-2019
- Days 1-4 – November 20-23, 2018
- Days 5-8 – February 12-15, 2019
- Days 9-12 – April 30th-May 3, 2019
The clinical training program consists of three modules of four days each, followed by six months of clinical supervision to a required level of competence for certification. The modules must be attended in sequence.
Cost: $300 US registration fee + £2,175 training fee + £350 approx. Clinical supervision for minimum 6 months + $195 US certification fee. Non-therapist partners are very welcome to attend for half the fee ($150 + £1,087). Payment can be made in three instalments of £730 prior to each module.
- Attendance at a 'getting the love you want' workshop. See our website for current dates.
- Membership in UKCP or equivalent nationally-recognised regulating body with standards of training, supervision and ethics.
Please register early to ensure your place. This is a small group training.
What you can expect from the training
- A deep theoretical understanding of couple relationships which serves as a map to guide your interventions – why we pick the partners we do, why we have the conflicts we have, and what to do to move into the joy that is our essence.
- Practice in developing skill in facilitating couples, holding them gently and firmly in new ways of connecting through the imago dialogue processes, deepening their empathic connection, and empowering them to heal their relationship.
- A personal growth experience that will quite possibly impact your own personal and professional relationships, your way of working with all your clients and your way of being in the world.
- A sense that couple therapy can be fun and enlivening for you and your clients.
Imago relationship therapy is a research-supported, systematic theory of relationship therapy developed by Harville Hendrix, Ph.D., author of getting the love you want: a guide for couples, and Helen LaKelly Hunt, Ph.D. IRT powerfully synthesises major aspects of depth psychology, object relations, systems theory and humanistic-existential theory into a comprehensive approach to working with relationships.
For further information visit: http://affinitycentre.co.uk/clinical-training-program-imago-relationship-therapy/
Find out more about the benefits of training in imago relationship therapy here: https://affinitycentre.co.uk/train-imago-relationship-therapy-especially-given-appears-expensive-trainings/
About the host
Offered by Sophie Slade, Ph.D., certified imago relationship therapist, workshop presenter and clinical instructor and Ian Tomlinson, imago advanced clinician and workshop presenter.