Chronic fatigue and working with chronic fatigue as a counsellor
Counselling in Notts trainer and counsellor Karen suffered with chronic fatigue for 4.5years and is currently maintaining. She is joined for today’s workshop by a fellow trainer currently diagnosed with CFS. Using their first-hand experience of living and coping with chronic fatigue, they will challenge your view of the condition.
The session will aim to explore:
- What are your pre-conceptions of chronic fatigue syndrome CFS? What do you bring with you to the counselling room?
- What you may be doing that makes things worse for sufferers
- Through first hand testimony what is the reality of living with chronic fatigue syndrome?
- Pre-diagnosis and diagnosis
- The dark days
- Learning to cope / starting recovery
- Energy management.
We will explore are you counselling chronic fatigue or the issues it creates.
We will look at:
- Shattered assumptions
- Loss and grief for what has been lost
- Guilt and shame
- Self-esteem/sense of self.
The workshop includes:
- 2.5hr CPD certificate.
For a chat to see if this workshop is what you are looking for or to book a place contact me on 07925 318057 or Karenemail@example.com
About Karen Emery
Run by Karen Emery of Counselling in Notts with guest trainer.