Children's mental health awareness workshop
With the mental health crisis in children and young people rapidly increasing, professional mental health support has never been more vital.
Sadly, teachers, parents, and other childcare professionals are expected to take on this extra support role far too often, without the understanding of how to safely support a child in crisis.
This workshop will cover:
- Understanding of both common and complex mental health conditions found in children.
- Managing self-harm and suicide ideation in children and young people.
- How to effectively communicate with a child in crisis to avoid withdrawal.
- When and who to refer to if targeted support is needed.
- How to create a 'mentally healthy' environment to promote children's wellbeing.
- Plenty of time for questions/scenario support.
Click here to book tickets.