Child Protection Training
The aim of the course is to have a basic understanding of Child Protection, this includes:
- To have an understanding of the definitions of child abuse, and what is significant harm.
- Awareness of the signs and indicators of possible abuse and neglect.
- A greater degree in confidence in identifying children, where signs and/or indicators may indicate abuse or neglect.
- Understand your own feelings in relation to child abuse and neglect.
- What to do if do if you have concerns about children in order to safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
- How to make a referral.
- What will happen after the referral has been made.
Tea and Coffee provided.
Related information: Abuse