Certificate in therapeutic work with children and young people course
The course aims to offer participants a reflective, supportive learning environment to:
- Examine a variety of theoretical models/philosophies for working with children and young people
- Explore their personal and professional experiences, values and beliefs in relation to working with children and young people
- Develop a good understanding of the ethical issues and legal responsibilities when working with children and young people
- Explore a variety of issues relevant to professional practice working with children and young people.
- Module one: beginnings, assessment and mental health (two days)
- Module two: contracting, limits of confidentiality and safeguarding (two days)
- Module three: methods of working: the therapeutic relationship, solution focussed brief therapy and creative interventions (three days)
- Module four: professional practice issues: sexual abuse and self harm (two days)
- Module five: professional practice issues: anger and endings: bereavement and loss (two days).
- Module one: Tuesday 28th and Wednesday 29th May 2019
- Module two: Monday 3rd and Tuesday 4th June 2019
- Module three: Monday 24th, Tuesday 25th and Wednesday 26th June 2019
- Module four: Monday 8th and Tuesday 9th July 2019
- Module five: Monday 22nd and Tuesday 23rd July 2019
The Ellesmere Centre for Psychotherapy and Training has received Advanced Specialist Training status from the National Counselling Society. This course counts as 60.5 training hours.
About John Bradley
John is a BACP Senior Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist (Children and Young People), Supervisor and Trainer. He currently offers counselling, supervision and training using the person centred approach in private practice at the Ellesmere Centre in Hull. He also offers counselling in 2 Hull secondary schools.