Certificate in therapeutic work with children and young people
The course aims to offer participants a reflective, supportive learning environment to:
- Examine a variety of theoretical models/philosophies for working with children and young people.
- Explore their personal and professional experiences, values and beliefs in relation to working with children and young people.
- Develop a good understanding of the ethical issues and legal responsibilities when working with children and young people.
- Explore a variety of issues relevant to professional practice working with children and young people.
- Module one: beginnings, assessment and mental health (two days).
- Module two: contracting, limits of confidentiality and safeguarding (two days).
- Module three: methods of working: the therapeutic relationship, solution focused brief therapy and creative interventions (three days).
- Module four: professional practice issues: sexual abuse and self-harm (two days).
- Module five: professional practice issues: anger and endings: bereavement and loss (two days).
About the host
John is a BACP senior accredited counsellor/psychotherapist (children and young people), supervisor & trainer. He currently offers counselling, supervision & training using the person centred approach in private practice at the Ellesmere Centre in Hull. He also offers counselling in two Hull secondary schools.
There are also two visiting trainers.