Certificate in sandplay therapy
This course is taught by John Daly and consists of four, three day weekends. Each weekend includes one evening session.
Contact hours total: 102.
The course includes:
- A series of experiential trays.
- Child development from Freud to the transpersonal. Emphasis is placed on the work of Jung, Neumann and the archetypal and transpersonal perspectives.
- Jung’s theories of archetypes and complexes, mythology, dreams, symbols and archetypes.
- Post Jungian Psychology including the work of James Hillman, Thomas Moore and Ibn Arabí.
- Concepts of the self – from Freud to the transpersonal.
- Introduction to Jungian alchemical theory and the stages identified by Edinger.
- The importance of the creative imagination in connecting the conscious and unconscious aspects of the psyche.
- Creative visualisation and mindfulness practices.
- Guidelines for safe and ethical practice.
- How to evaluate a sandtray.
- Discussions link the theory and practice.
The course if facilitated by: John Daly
John Daly psychologist and psychotherapist is one of the country’s leading teachers of sandplay therapy. He is a founding director of the Association of Integrative Sandplay Therapy. John developed the first recognised MA in transpersonal psychotherapy in the UK.
His background includes working in India, running retreats in New York, the Himalayas and closer to home. Teaching at the Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy in London, teaching and supporting Masters and PhD students at the University of Canterbury.
John has a rare gift of being able to seamlessly integrate an extensive theoretical understanding with years of practice and experience and a deep knowledge of different spiritual traditions
Participants from a range of backgrounds are welcome to apply for these courses: counsellors, psychotherapists, students, psychologists, youth workers, social workers, teachers, TA’s etc. If you are unsure of your eligibility, please contact Ruth .
This course is run by the Association of Integrative Sandplay Therapists.
The venue is based in the heart of Totnes it houses a large sandplay symbol collection, comfortable training facilities and a kitchen. Totnes has a number of charity shops and a market where unusual symbols can often be found.