Certificate in Counselling – Skills and Theory (Levels 2 and 3)
- Interested in a career in counselling and psychotherapy?
- Wanting to gain a deeper understanding of yourself, your personal relationships and how you interact with others?
- In a profession or helping role where listening and communication skills are important and you want to enhance these?
- In a management role and wish to develop your professional potential through the use of counselling skills in the workplace?
- Hoping to gain a greater understanding of group dynamics and your own position within a group?
- Interested in exploring counselling skills from the perspective of people’s life experiences and how it has impacted them?
Whichever it may be, BCSs Certificate in Counselling Skills and Theory will facilitate you in achieving your personal and professional goals.
A Certificate in Counselling Skills is also a prerequisite for those wishing to pursue further counselling training. It is a mandatory step on a progressive training journey offered by Basingstoke Counselling Service Hampshire which leads to status as a qualified counsellor.
The selection process is by means of application form and interview. No formal qualifications are required and the selection of candidates will be based upon an individual’s personal attributes and their intellectual and emotional capacity to work with the content of the course.
Completion of an Introduction to Counselling course prior to applying for the Certificate in Counselling Skills and Theory is recommended but not essential.
Key course objectives
- To provide basic training in counselling skills and theory.
- To develop an understanding of counselling and the counselling situation.
- To develop an understanding of the psyche.
- To develop awareness and understanding of self in relation to others.
- To develop an understanding of human development.
- To develop study skills.
For more information visit: http://www.basingstokecounselling.org.uk/training/certificate-in-counselling-skills-and-theory/
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hosted by Basingstoke and District Counselling Service
BCS is a busy, vibrant counselling and training organisation at the heart of the community. We have over 20 years’ experience in providing highly respected, comprehensive counselling training in the psychodynamic discipline. Our courses are widely recognised and held in high regard within the counselling profession.