Certificate in counselling skills
This course is for you if you:
- Are interested in pursuing a professional counselling qualification.
- Have a counselling or listening role at work: you might be a health worker, teacher or teaching assistant, in social services or care, manager or supervisor in a team leading role.
- Are interested in personal development & developing self-awareness.
The certificate is a one year programme delivered by qualified and experienced counsellors and group facilitators. The weekly sessions include 1½ hour seminar & a 1½ hour self-awareness group.
- The seminars and role plays help you develop and apply listening skills and create a sound working alliance.
- The self-awareness group offers an unstructured space to develop self-awareness, awareness of others and to recognise and articulate your feelings.
- Participants attend one Saturday workshop each term to develop and practice your skills.
- The course emphasises reflection, giving and receiving feedback, challenge as well as open and constructive dialogue.
This course is centred on how to create & use a relationship to help someone else, including:
- Learning about the importance of the working alliance & boundary setting.
- Learning basic counselling techniques & active listening skills to facilitate the client’s own problem solving & development.
- Developing self-awareness, empathy & other qualities for active listening. Providing basic theory to give you a framework & to learn some basic developmental theory.
Courses running from September 2018 in Stroud (daytime or eves) & Cheltenham (evenings).
Contact GCS to book or to find out more: Training.Bookings@gloscounselling.org.uk, 01453 766 310
GCS is a unique and special place to train. We offer high quality therapeutic training, supporting our trainees every step of the way. As the largest counselling training provider in Gloucestershire outside of the NHS, we offer a wide variety of training courses to help you develop the qualities of good listening and therapeutic support.