Certificate in clinical supervision
Certificate in clinical supervision - this course is fully validated by COSCA.
The course aims to provide participants with the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to deliver clinical supervision within various models of supervision and within these from a variety of trans-theoretical approaches. The course will also address the complexities related to delivering clinical supervision within an organisational context. Lastly, tailoring the supervision provided to supervisees stages of development will also be extensively addressed.
The course will be delivered by Andy Gray. Andy has close to 20 years of experience in various roles in the helping professions including social work, substance use/abuse, trauma recovery, hospital management (locked rehab and low secure) and complex presentations.
Andy is an Integrative Psychotherapist, Clinical Supervisor, Shareholder and Academic Director at ACT Counselling Services Limited. He continues to develop, direct and deliver training from one-day CPD events to PG Dip level incorporating a unifying approach in relation to psychotherapeutic modalities. He is passionate about training and events are delivered in an informative, laid back and humorous style. Andy has a huge wealth of knowledge and resources that he is keen to impart to those who are seeking to develop knowledge, skills, and attitudes to enhance their personal or professional development.
This course should appeal to any Qualified or Accredited Counsellors or Psychotherapists considering beginning the provision of clinical supervision or indeed enhancing existing supervisory practice.
Feedback has suggested that we should make applicants aware of any costs surrounding the course and subsequent supervisory practice. These are likely to be:
- Payment of supervision of supervisory practice
- Possibly membership with a professional body (if not already in place)
- Insurance (often no additional cost if insurance for private therapy practice is in place. You must however make your insurer aware that you are providing supervision)
- Ongoing CPD on completion of the course (autonomously chosen by you but check professional bodies requirements)
- Supervisor accreditation (if you decide to do this and if this is a category offered by your professional body)
Structure of the course
There will be 42 hours tutor delivery over six days, followed by two tutor-facilitated supervision groups of one-hour duration spread over the following six months. Course participants must make arrangements for individual supervision for their supervisory practice; this is an integral part of the course. The supervision practice placement must be supervised by a qualified and experienced supervisor at a ratio of one hour of supervision for every six hours of placement practice. A minimum of 20 hours of supervisory practice must be completed in order to receive the Certificate.
In the event of a participant requiring longer than three years for completion (e.g. difficulty accessing supervisees, life circumstances, and change in employment), a written essay of 4,000 words must be submitted along with the case study that evidences how they have continued to meet with the aims, learning outcomes and performance criteria outlined below.
- To skilfully adapt the process and content of supervision to meet with the supervisee/organisations requirements
- To learn to use quantitative and qualitative methodologies to provide feedback
- To address and facilitate concerns about supervisees ability to use supervision effectively
- To explore how to address and manage serious concerns about practice.
More information at https://cert-clinical-supervision-2019.eventbrite.co.uk
About Audrey Smith
Greenwood Events aims to offer affordable workshops to counsellors interested in CPD, anyone interested in self- development or considering a career in counselling. It also aims to offer opportunities to stimulate networking and knowledge sharing among counsellors in Scotland. Visit www.greenwoodevents.co.uk for more information.