Can we work therapeutically with obesity?
About this event
Can we work therapeutically with obesity? Exploring binge eating disorder and food addiction.
Aims and objectives:
- to gain an understanding of how therapy can help tackle obesity
- to understand and identify destructive eating behaviours
- to recognise addiction and its association to destructive eating behaviours
- understand relapse prevention strategies
- to gain an understanding of the core principles of the 12-step model
- what research has demonstrated
- comparison between compulsive overeating/bingeing and DSM-V substance dependence criteria
- cycle of addiction
- what is binge eating disorder?
- addictive behaviours often connected to compulsive overeating
- difference between group therapy and 12-step groups
- family/personal history
- the solution
- interactive group workshop
- abstinence – what is it?
- introduction and overview of the 12-step model and its use during and after therapeutic treatment
- thought for the Day
Five-hour CPD Certificates issued
- occupational therapists
- youth workers
- family therapists
- personal trainers
- general practitioners
- social workers
Please contact me for a booking form. Payment to be made via bank transfer. Places confirmed on receipt of payment.
Hosted by Rochelle Craig
I specialise in working with disordered and destructive eating behaviours including anorexia/binge eating disorder and food addiction. I have my own personal recovery from an eating disorder plus 18 years of working in this field using an addiction based model integrating CBT, Compassion Focused Therapy and Motivational Interviewing techniques.