Calming the anxious brain: Using neuroscience to end anxiety, panic and worry
About this event
Join neuroscience and anxiety expert, Dr. Catherine Pittman, and learn her keys for successful anxiety treatment.
Dr. Pittman integrates brain-based strategies for calming the anxious mind with client communication techniques that motivate change in your clients.
Catherine’s approach promotes adherence to treatment and strengthens the therapeutic alliance - which is essential when working with anxious, worried, traumatised, or obsessive clients.
- Apply proven brain-based strategies for fear, panic, social anxiety, OCD, GAD, and PTSD.
- Understand the difference between cortex-based and amygdala-based anxiety.
- Motivate clients and calm the anxious brain using the power of neuroplasticity.
- Increase client engagement by focusing on changing the brain - not simply decreasing anxiety.
Using neuroscience to end anxiety, panic and worry...
You will learn proven tools and techniques to:
- Identify and treat the roots of anxiety in both the amygdala and the cortex.
- Explain “the language of the amygdala” in an accessible, straight forward way.
- Identify how the cortex contributes to anxiety, and empower clients with strategies to resist anxiety-igniting cognitions.
- Therapy is about change - it’s about creating a new self - and incorporating the concept of “rewiring the brain” is a potent method for stopping anxiety in its tracks.