Bowlby's attachment theory and lifelong relationships
This workshop has been accredited by The CPD Standards Office.
This is a unique opportunity for participants to learn about Attachment Theory without much distance from its original source. The facilitator was taught Attachment Theory by John Bowlby's Son; Richard Bowlby. Our Attachment Style influences how we are in friendships, family relationships, intimate relationships and also the therapeutic alliance. The unremembered years of our lives are instrumental in shaping who we and our clients are.
This event will focus on providing insight, awareness and the knowledge required for reparation.
Aims of this event
- To introduce or revisit John Bowlby’s theory of Attachment and its impact on lifelong behaviours and relationships.
- Explore how differing Attachment Styles might influence the central view of self and how this can influence thoughts, feelings and behaviours in close/intimate relationships.
- To discuss how core beliefs or life situations can confuse the presentation of the Attachment Style.
- Demonstrate how the information outlined above can be useful in understanding recurring problems and difficulties in work, family, intimate and social relationships.
- Explore the impact of Client and Therapist Attachment Styles on the Therapeutic Alliance.
- Outline the role of the Therapeutic Alliance in reparation.
About the Facilitator - Andy Gray
The workshop will be delivered by Andy Gray and a co-facilitator. Andy is the owner of ACT Counselling Services and a retired Psychotherapist and Supervisor. Andy has worked in a variety of training settings; including various private training providers and universities across the UK. As a practitioner, he has worked in NHS, Social Work, Psychiatric Hospital Management and private practice settings.
Who is it for?
Anyone in the helping professions interested in bringing about change on a deeper level. Anyone interested in self-development or considering a career in counselling.
Why should you attend?
To gain a more in-depth understanding of self and others, which may lead to changes that will enhance relational ways of being.
Book your place via Eventbrite.
For upcoming events in 2022, visit greenwoodevents.co.uk.
Hosted by Audrey Smith
Greenwood Events runs affordable CPD training and aspires to facilitate a vibrant and lively network of like-minded people working in the helping profession who meet up to learn, network and share expertise and knowledge. Join the Greenwood Events mailing list here - http://eepurl.com/dLYUu2 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org