BME Voices talk mental health - launch and full-day conference
BME Voices talk mental health conference 2018
Saturday, 20th October 2018
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, London
We are delighted to announce that the 1st BME Voices talk mental health conference will take place on Saturday 20th October 2018 at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, Islington, London.
The theme for the conference is ‘identity and belonging: It’s not so black and white’ and BME Voices talk mental hHealth has carefully selected a great line up of speakers who will be presenting on a variety of interesting and diverse topics in relation to the theme.
The event is open to all counsellors, psychotherapists, psychologists, psychiatrists and other mental health practitioners, including students and trainees
Patrick Vernon OBE, Social Commentator and Windrush Campaigner
- Myira Khan, Founder of the Muslim Counsellor and Psychotherapist Network (MCAPN)
- Dr Erica Mapule McInnis, Chartered Clinical Psychologist
- Dr Dwight Turner,Senior Lecturer, University of Brighton, Psychotherapist and Supervisor, Private Practice
- Dr Yetunde Ade-Serrano, BPS Chartered and HCPC Registered Practitioner Counselling Psychologist
- Faisal Mahmood , Senior Lecturer in Counselling and Psychotherapy, Newman University, Birmingham
About Myira Khan
BME Voices - Creating platforms for Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) mental health therapists to share good practice, research and showcase their work. Also creating spaces where we can engage with BME communities.