BACP stage one: introduction to counselling young people
This two-day workshop aims to offer an experiential space to explore the new BACP training curriculum for counselling young people using case examples, creative media, skills practice and large group discussion.
Day one will cover the following topics:
- Child and adolescent development and transitions.
- Communication with young people.
- Mental health and young people.
- Risk assessments.
Day two will cover the following topics:
- Ethical and legal issues and professional practice.
- Child protection and safeguarding.
- Working within the context of the counselling setting.
- Beginnings and endings with young people.
About John Bradley
John is a person centred counsellor, supervisor and trainer. He offers counselling in two Hull secondary schools, and also offers counselling, supervision and training in private practice at the Ellesmere Centre.
Dr Louise Mowthorpe is a clinical psychologist and play therapist and works for Hull CAMHS.