Asperger syndrome: working clinically with individuals and couples affected by the disorder
Trainer: Maxine Aston, psychologist and counsellor.
This workshop aims to increase understanding of what is Asperger syndrome, what it is not, and how it affects both the individual and the couple relationship.
Through discussion, lecture and case studies, this workshop will examine:
- What is meant by Autistic spectrum disorder.
- The effect of Alexithymia and lack of theory of mind.
- The effect of sensory sensitivity on individuals with Asperger syndrome.
- How one might recognise someone with Asperger syndrome in practice.
- Ways of working with individuals with Asperger syndrome.
- The effect of Asperger syndrome upon family members and particularly the couple relationship.
- Ways of working with couples where one partner has AS.
- Differences between males and females presenting with the syndrome.
To book click here: http://www.tavistockrelationships.ac.uk/forthcoming-events/945-asperger-syndrome
About the host
Our aim at Tavistock Relationships is to create a programme of high-quality, informative and clinically useful CPD. In choosing topics, we aim to ensure we offer fresh subjects to stimulate new thinking and debate as well as continuing to offer repeat workshops for which there is on-going popular demand.