- Counselling Directory - Find a Counsellor Near You>
- An introduction to schema therapy
An introduction to schema therapy
Schema therapy is a unifying approach that integrates attachment theory, psychodynamic approach, CBT approach, gestalt approach, and transactional analysis for the purpose of treating complex cases. It is an enormously powerful and effective therapy.
It is, however, a long-term therapy, but with shorter-term approaches at times proving to be a false economy, its popularity is growing and is now widely practised within NHS settings. The treatment can, however, take literally hundreds of different pathways. This event aims to provide a clear path for therapists to integrate into their practice.
Aims of the event;
- to provide a template for the practice of techniques related to schema therapy
- to relate these techniques to working with specific schemas
- to examine how a transference hypothesis can be used to work with schemas in the therapy room
- to examine the ethical considerations connected to the practice of schema therapy
- to build confidence in the practice of imagery to facilitate change on an affecting level
More information at https://intro-to-schema-feb2020.eventbrite.co.uk
About Audrey Smith
Greenwood Events aims to offer affordable workshops to counsellors interested in CPD, anyone interested in self-development or considering a career in counselling. It also aims to offer opportunities to stimulate networking and knowledge sharing among counsellors in Scotland. Visit www.greenwoodevents.co.uk for more information.