Advance certificate in addictions (level 3)
07944 624 684 07944 624 684
31st July - 1st August 2021, 10am - 4pm
Open to all
£100 (for both days)
Chester Street, Wrexham, Wrexham, LL13 8BG
Two-day course (12 CPD hours)
- Defining addictions, the wide spectrum of addictions, the views of society, current statistics.
- What makes an addict? Is it a physical or mental illness? How do we treat addiction? What about funding?
- The cycle of change. Assessing motivation and change. Using motivational interviewing as a therapeutic tool.
- Does the counsellor need specialist knowledge and skills?
- Taking a closer look at alcohol, drugs, gambling, and sex/porn.
- Help and treatment options.
Please contact me for more details if you require them.