Addictive relationships with food
Who is this workshop for?
This course will suit anyone who already has a basic understanding and experience of the counselling process and is interested in how addiction affects the family both individually and as a system. This will help to improve the understanding, knowledge and experience of those wishing to work with addiction within the family.
Aims of the course:
- To understand the types of eating disorders that can be treated under the addiction umbrella.
- To be aware of the addiction model for working with eating disorders.
- To be able to identify a client’s addictive relationship with food.
- To feel more skilled and confident when working with or counselling a person with addictive relationships with food.
- To have identified referral routes and support in the local community.
CPD: 7 hours.
About the host
Vicky has 26 years experience of working with addictions. MBACP counsellor, qualified for 21 years and is FDAP Certified (Federation of Alcohol and Drug Practitioners).
NB Date change: this course was previously scheduled to run 13/07/18.