8-week mindfulness for well-being course
17 St David's Hill
Interested in learning mindfulness? Looking for a way to improve well-being and get the most out of life?
This course is ideal for people experiencing stress, anxiety, or unhappiness or who simply wish to improve their wellbeing and embrace life more fully.
The course is Finding Peace in a Frantic World written by Mark Williams, Danny Penman and Chris Cullen. It follows the standardised structure of mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) and mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MBCT), however, it is the ideal mindfulness course for people with busy lives as the sessions last for one and a half hours, and home practice takes 20-30 minutes per day.
The course includes;
- eight (one and a half hour) sessions which include participation in a range of guided mindfulness meditation practices taught in a secular way and exploration of experiences following these practices
- a 20-30 minute phone or video call before the course to discuss what the course involves and what you hope to gain from it
- the book that accompanies the course, which contains a CD of the practices covered
- guided audio recordings in electronic format so you can easily have them on your phone or any portable audio device
- email and/or telephone support between sessions as needed
- a 20-30 minute review phone or video call at the end of the course (optional)
- discounted attendance at all future Day Retreats I run to help you to maintain your practice
- lifetime membership to my Mindfulness Practice Development Group on Facebook which allows you to ask questions and receive ongoing support once the course has finished (optional)
You will finish the course equipped with new skills to develop wellbeing and manage stress, anxiety and unhappiness.
Feedback from previous attendees of eight-week mindfulness courses with me;
"Mindfulness is an important practice in general and the message it promotes is something everyone should try to incorporate into their lives. This course provides good guidance and framework for doing that"
"It has helped me to be less critical of myself, learning to value myself more…I think mindfulness can be beneficial to anyone. Put in the effort and you’ll see the help it can provide"
"This course is excellent. The mindfulness practices help me to handle my difficulty and I am feeling better…help me to understand how to accept the negative feelings…I notice that my difficulty has gone easier and I found that they enter to my life less than before. You must join this course"
Places on this course are limited to 15 to provide the best possible attendee experience, early booking is advisable.
If you would like to learn more about mindfulness courses and try experiencing some practices before committing to the eight-week course I am offering a taster session on Wednesday 22nd January, 7:30-9 pm.
Please contact me if you have any questions or you can reserve a place and arrange the initial complimentary phone or video call through my website - exetercounsellingandmindfulness.com/mindfulness-courses-in-exeter
About Sarah Lane
I qualified as a Mindfulness Teacher in 2014 from the University of Exeter under the tuition of Professor Willem Kuyken. I have taught 8-week courses since then for students at the university, and for the general public both through the NHS and privately. I am also an Integrative Counsellor and have a MSc in Psychology.