8 Week (MBSR) mindfulness based stress reduction course
The National Botanic Garden of Wales
This eight week course consists of:
- The orientation session (04/04/18)
- Eight weeks of taught sessions (18/04/18 - 06/06/18 - Wednesdays 6.00-8.30pm)
- All Day session between weeks seven-eight (02/06/18)
- All the audio materials to support the home practice and the workbook.
Eight week MBSR course
The MBSR (mindfulness-based stress reduction) course has been developed from Jon Kabat-Zinn’s original MBSR program at the University of Massachusetts Medical Centre, to help people suffering with chronic physical pain and long-term medical conditions. It included meditation techniques to help participants become more aware of their experience in the present moment, by tuning into moment-to-moment changes in the mind.
The aim in learning about and using mindfulness is to assist you in taking better care of yourself and in getting the most out of living. People who use daily mindfulness mediations and exercises in their life report lasting physical and psychological benefits such as:
- An increased ability to relax.
- Greater energy and enthusiasm for life.
- Heightened self-confidence.
- Increased ability to cope more effectively with stressful situations.
The idea is to learn new ways to handle challenging feelings, moods, social interactions and even physical sensations.
Mindfulness is helpful with:
- Stress and anxiety and a wide variety of both physical and mental conditions.
- Management of pain.
- Coming to terms with life experiences.
There does not have to be something 'wrong' with you to take advantage of bringing Mindfulness into your life.
For full details and to book a place look at http://www.jules-therapy.com/mindfulness
About the host
Jules Marshall MSc TA Psych. BSc(Hons) Psych. CTA. PTSTA. is an experienced psychotherapist, supervisor and trainer in private practice at 3DTA Training & Mindfulness Institute, Llandeilo, Carmarthenshire.
Currently studying for an MA in mindfulness based approaches at Bangor University.