Managing Your Stress Six Week Course
This course is designed to give you the tools to help you deal with the challenges life has to offer. It will help you to see things from a different perspective, putting you in control. Practicing even some of these on a regular basis will leave you feeling more relaxed and at peace with yourself.
• To become knowledgeable about the nature of stress
• Be able to apply this knowledge to recognise stress in self and others.
• To become knowledgeable about a multimodal approach and apply this to your own life.
• To use relaxation skills as an integrative coping tool.
• To develop an understanding of how our learning ability can be affected by the way we feel.
• To recognise that these techniques can with practice, become an automatic process (skill), part of everyday life.
• Define stress and understand how it differs from pressure.
• Have a working understanding of modern models of stress.
• Understand the psycho-physiology of stress.
• Identify the main physical, psychological and behavioural symptoms of stress in self.
• Examine primary, secondary and tertiary stress management.
• Recognise thinking errors and performance interfering thoughts.
• Understand Type A behaviour and locus of control.
Develop a range of techniques and strategies to tackle stress, to include:
• Type A modification
• Stability zones
• Relaxation skills
• Biofeedback using Aura camera
• Creative imagery
• Diaphragmatic breathing
• Body language
• Rational and irrational thinking.
Check out client feedback from last course at www.trevorbeech.co.uk