Zuzanna Horowska, Reg. MBACP, Post- graduate degree in Counselling
Welcome to my profile. I am an experienced, qualified Integrative Counsellor. It means I can use approaches which best suits each client needs. I pay attention to unconscious processes and what is being held in client's body. I also believe that therapeutic relationship is crucial in making change in your perception of environment and how you relate to others. Thinking, sensing, intuiting, feeling are all given great importance within the therapeutic relationship. And it is important for me to create warm, confidential, safe and empathetic environment where client will feel comfortable to share their problems, without being judged or criticised.
Therapy can help to:
- deepen your understanding of yourself to gradually heal patterns of relating that are holding you back from the intimacy that you want
- learn to communicate your feelings and needs more effectively
- gain greater awareness how past impact your present
- grow your confidence, self-esteem
- gain different perspective of your experiences and environment
- to relieve your emotional pain
- to overcome fear, anxiety
- to live more balanced and peaceful life
I offer relational approach to therapy. Main approaches in my work are: Psychodynamic, Object-relations, Transactional Analysis. I integrate Gestalt and I can use some body work exercises. I am also trained in CBT and I can apply some techniques when appropriate.
Counselling is not only about listening to stories told by a client, but also helping a client to find a way to tolerate his/her feelings, experiences. To achieve this I can work in a creative way with clients and I can use some therapeutic tools or give some homework.
I have worked with clients from different background and presenting with a wide range of issues, such as: abuse, trauma, panic attacks, stress, anxiety, depression, addiction, having relationships, work problems.
Alongside my private practice I have also experience at:
- Macmillan Cancer Support,
- Woman & Health - charity delivering NHS IAPT services,
- EACH - charity delivering Counselling to people having drug and alcohol problems.
I am a member of BACP and follow their Ethical Framework in my work.
I am committed to Continued Professional Development (CPD) and I receive regular supervision of my work.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Postgraduate degree in Humanistic Integrative Counselling
- Certificate in Humanistic Integrative Counselling
- Postgraduate studies in Personnel Management
- MSc in Sociology
Further training in:
- Suicide and risk assessment
- Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID)
- Working with Complex Trauma
- Working with Dreams, Active Imagination, Symbols and Archetypes
- The Physicality of the Self
- The link between rage and shame
- The Addicted Child Within
- Time Limited Counselling
- Psychiatry, Psychopathology and Psychodynamics
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Work-related stress
The Assessment session fee is £50.
Fees for ongoing sessions are £60 per session.
Each session is normally 50 min long, once a week at the same time and place.
Please feel free to ask any questions, concerns with me on the phone or email.
What happens in first session?
Initial session is an opportunity for you to talk about this what brings you to therapy, what would you like to achieve and also to get the sense of our work together. You can see if you feel comfortable enough to continue. If you are happy we can arrange second session and we can continue as long as it works for you.
I am happy to have brief phone conversation.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
From Monday to Thursday at: Islington from 9 am till 9 pm. London Bridge only between 9 am till 5 pm. Please contact me regarding time and day.
Types of client