Are you experiencing prenatal or postnatal anxiety or depression?
Or are you a new parent who is feeling overwhelmed, isolated or vulnerable and not sure where to turn to for support?
Perhaps you are pregnant and feeling terrified about the birth?
Or perhaps you are a new mum who has experienced a traumatic birth but has not yet had a chance to process this?
Do you need a safe, non-judgemental and confidential place to explore how you are feeling?
If you have answered yes to any of the above questions you may find some counselling helpful. Contact me for a free telephone consultation.
I am a qualified and BACP Registered Integrative Counsellor & Psychotherapist with experience in working with ladies experiencing prenatal and postnatal anxiety and depression, birth trauma and birth anxiety.
I integrate key concepts from Humanistic, Psychodynamic, Cognitive & Behavioural and Solution Focused theoretical models enabling me to work effectively with clients experiencing a wide range of issues.
As a Humanistic therapist, I believe that each and every human being is important and unique and I am keen to understand your world and your perspectives. Sometimes just being listened to and understood can help us feel less isolated.
At times the counselling process may feel quite challenging and it is by exploring these challenges that we can learn the most about ourselves. I will be there to support you throughout the counselling process until you feel you are ready to end our work together.
I currently practice via Skype or telephone only.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA Hons in Counselling & Psychotherapy (Currently studying until December 2019)
- NLP Practitioner Training
- Online Webcast: BACP Private Practice conference ‘Identity: can you tell me who I am?’
- Level 3 Award in Education & Training
- Developing Doulas Birth and Postnatal Doula Preparation Course
- EduCare Level 2 Safeguarding Adults
- EduCare Child Protection Programme
- Hypnotherapy for Counsellors & Psychotherapists
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency (Registered Member Status)
- CPCAB Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Beginning, developing & strengthening the way we work online - BACP
- Qualified Antenatal & Hypnobirthing Instructor
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Assertiveness Training
- Transforming Conflict Workshop
- Introduction to NLP
- Foundation in Counselling
- Introduction to Counselling
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Career counselling
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Fear of childbirth (Tokophobia)
- Birth Trauma
- Prenatal anxiety
- Prenatal depression
- Postnatal anxiety
- Postnatal depression
- Emotional resilience
Initial telephone / Skype consultation: FREE
Telephone counselling session (50 minutes): £40
Skype counselling session (50 minutes): £40
I am DBS checked and hold full public liability and professional indemnity insurance.
As a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I adhere to their professional code of conduct and ethical framework.
I attend monthly counselling supervision to ensure that I continue to work safely, professionally and ethically in my counselling practice as required by the BACP.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mondays: 11:00-15:00 Mondays: 20:00 / 21:00 Wednesdays: 21:00 Fridays: 11:00-15:00
Types of client