Welcome to my Counselling Directory page. Counselling provides a space to talk about your worries and concerns so that you can explore them and have a better understanding about the issues that you are facing. By having a non-judgmental, accepting space to discuss your emotions and thoughts then it can be helpful in making a change and exploring the experiences.
Counselling is confidential and I adhere to the BACP ethical framework. The approach, that I use, is integrative-this means that I use a range of ways to explore and help you with the struggles that you may be facing using an integrative framework. The techniques used may be CBT, Humanistic or Psychodynamic depending on your presenting concerns and the course of action that you wish to take.
My professional counselling status is that I am registered with the BACP (British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists) and am eligible for accreditation. I adhere to the BACP Ethical Framework and have a degree in Psychology and a Masters degree in Counselling.
I have attended numerous training courses and have provided counselling for adults, young people and families in various organisations and in private practice.
I provide counselling within the Stockport area. My approach values you-as an individual and your own individual life experiences and I endeavour to offer respect, honesty and empathy within the counselling process.
If you require counselling or have any questions regarding the service, or counselling generally, then please contact me on 07507-072204 or via email.
Training, qualifications & experience
My experience, as a counsellor, has spanned the previous 14 years. I have conducted counselling within a variety of organisations : Beacon, Oakwood House, Relate and Saneline. My counselling has included providing therapeutic support for clients of all ages and from diverse backgrounds.
I have counselled young people and adults who have presented with relational difficulties, anxiety, eating issues, self-harm, anger management concerns, self-esteem, bullying, loss and bereavement, identity items, depression, trauma, emotional and psychological abuse histories, addiction, hopelessness, stress, behavioural concerns, phobias and obsessive compulsive behaviours.
Currently I offer private practice counselling appointments. In my other professional role, I teach counselling modules within Higher Education and have a passion for counselling and psychotherapeutic support. In previous roles, I have used counselling skills and approaches within a range of non-counselling roles too- as a community outreach worker with children and families in crisis, as a Special Educational Needs co-ordinator, as a Primary school teacher and as a residential care worker with Looked After Children. These experiences enable me to connect and empathise with a wide range of issues and experiences.
- MA Counselling and Post-graduate Diploma (University of Manchester)
- Level 1, 2 and 3 Counselling qualifications (Stockport College).
- BSc (Hons) Psychology (University of Bolton).
- PGCE Primary and QTS and Special Educational Needs qualifications (Manchester Metropolitan University)
- Personality Development-A psychoanalytic Approach (Northern School of Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy)
- Recognising and Preventing Female Genital Mutilation (Home Office)
- Introduction to Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (University of Salford)
- Enhanced Psychotherapeutic Work with Eating Disordered Clients (North West Centre for Eating Disorders).
- Interventions for Mental Health in Every day Practice (University of Manchester and NHS)
- Creative Therapy Skills (Beacon Counselling)
- Loss and Endings (Beacon Counselling).
- The impact of Abuse and neglect (Trust for the Study of Adolescence).
- Cancer Awareness (Macmillan and Relate GMS).
- Enhanced Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Eating Disorders (NWCED).
- I have attended various training events and CPD requirements.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Young People's counselling and support.
Family counselling and family concerns/issues.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Person-centred therapy
- Play therapy
- Psychoanalytic therapy
Photos & videos
The initial session (introductory consultation) will cost £20 and this enables you to ask any questions related to counselling and the process of counselling. It is also an opportunity for you to consider whether counselling and my approach is suitable for you.
Subsequent sessions are priced at £40
If you wish to contact me then please telephone 07507-072204 or 0161-285-2600 (and leave a message-I will return your call) or contact me via email.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please contact (via email or telephone) for availability and appointments.
Types of client