Are you struggling with life, feeling anxious or depressed? Unsure of how to find a way forward?
Counselling is a way of exploring difficult and sometimes painful experiences that can impact on how you view yourself and the world around you. I am able to offer a comfortable, safe space where you can begin to make sense of what is happening for you and explore the changes you want to make.
I am an integrative counsellor with humanistic foundations. This means that I am able to draw on a variety of approaches to best help you recognise behaviours that may be having an impact on your life. Bringing a greater understanding, awareness and acceptance.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have previously worked in a mental health charity with a variety of clients who have experienced relationship issues, anxiety, depression and low self-esteem. I also have experience working within a charity offering counselling to clients experiencing domestic violence.
- AQA Level 2 Counselling Skills 2011
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling 2014
- Foundation Degree in Counselling 2014
- Certificate in Telephone counselling 2016
- Certificate in Somatic Trauma Therapy 2017
- I have also attended numerous 1 and 2 day courses which focused on subjects that have furthered my knowledge and enhanced my understanding and ability to work with clients. these include,
- Key Concepts of TA theory TA101.
- Working with Borderline Personality Disorder.
- Working with Loss.
- Supporting Male Victims of Domestic abuse.
- Living Bereavements.
- Using Creative Methods to Enhance the Counselling Process
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Face to face counselling £30 to £45 (for 50 Minutes).
Telephone Counselling £25 (for 50 Minutes).
Payments accepted via Bank Transfer, Debit Card or Cash.
I am a Registered Member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) and work within their code of ethics.
I am able to offer appointments outside the normal 9-5, to accommodate you at a time which is convenient to you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have evening appointments available
Types of client