Yvette Roberts MBACP
Thank you for taking the time to view my profile.
I know it can seem quite a task in trying to find the right counsellor for your needs.
I offer a warm non-judgmental environment in which we can explore your thoughts feelings and emotions that may be impacting your wellbeing and day to day life.
I am an experienced down to earth counsellor (with a great deal of life experience) that works with Adults and Young People, with a range of issues including mental health, trauma attachment and family functioning.
My specialist areas are working with Survivors of Rape, Sexual Violence and Childhood Sexual Abuse (predominately Male Survivors).
Alongside this I am extremely passionate in working with Young People and their Families who are impacted by Youth Violence within our communities.
I work both short-term and long term (as and when required) and am trained in a range of theories that enables me to adapt my culturally sensitive therapy approach to meet your individual needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Currently Training In Certificate in Therapeutic Mentoring (Trauma Recovery)
- Level 5 Foundation Degree Counselling
- Level 3 City & Guilds Community Safety (Working with Gangs)
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASSIST)
- Sexting and Pornography Training
- Mindfulness Training
- Compassion Focused Therapy Training
- Introduction to Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Mentoring and Young People at risk of Gang Affiliation
- Mental Health First Aid
- Sexualized Trauma
- Domestic Violence
- Safeguarding Children
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Child related issues
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
- Fees are £40 per session
Counselling Rates for Counselling Students are £27 per session.
- I also offer a free no obligation 20 minute telephone consultation to introduce myself and for you to share a little about what you maybe seeking counselling for. I will be able to answer any questions you might have.This may also be able to help you decide if/how counselling may be able to help you before deciding to book your 1st session with me.
Member of BACP. Hold a current up to date DBS Certificate and Professional Indemnity Insurance.
I am also available to work in schools/colleges on behalf of 3rd party organisations.
Please call or text 07934 459645 or email.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please let me know if wheelchair access is required so this can be facilitated Metro Stop - Jewellery Quarter Short distance from Birmingham City Center Parking Accessible
Mondays 9am to 8pm
Types of client