Yolande Dewar Dip.Couns BACP Member
I provide a warm, empathic, non-judgmental space to help you explore your thoughts and feelings.
Issues I help people with include anxiety, depression, stress, childhood trauma, bereavement, suicidal thoughts, panic attacks and unwanted patterns of behaviour.
I am a professional Gestalt counsellor and CBT therapist with many years' experience working with adults and young people within schools and at my private practice in Buckfastleigh.
If you think I might be right for you, come along and have an initial consultation, after which you are under no obligation to continue. It is very important to find the right counsellor for you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 4 Diploma in Gestalt Counselling and CBT
- 2 years working within primary and secondary schools as school counsellor
- 3 years private practice counselling adults, teenagers and children
- 6 years working for Young Devon (agency for teenage counselling)
- I am currently doing an art therapy course
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Behaviour problems
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
I charge £40 per hour.
The first session is an hour and half but charged at half price £30.
Some concessionary appointments are available for those in financial need.
I am very conveniently located in Buckfastleigh, just off the A38, with easy access from Exeter, Plymouth and areas in between.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday 9 am to 7.30 pm
Types of client