Yasmin Shaheen-Zaffar MBACP Specialising - Anger & Relationships
Are you struggling with anger issues? Anger can cause us problems with our relationships, our emotional & physical health. Learning to recognise, understand and diffuse your anger can improve your mental & physical health.
Managing your anger effectively will improve the relationships in your life - whether with others, self or the environment you live in. Angry relationships can cause us immense distress, confusion and can be highly destructive.
I'm Yasmin & I Can Offer Support To Help You Move Forward. If any of the above sounds familiar, then we can work together to understand the overwhelming feelings that can sometimes leave us crippled or angry and begin to untangle your thoughts and emotions until you once again feel in control of your life. I will teach you effective coping strategies to help you recognise, understand & diffuse your anger.
I am available online and from my private practice in Wetherby, Leeds, West Yorkshire.
- I specifically work with relationships and anger.
- I am the creator of The Angry Tent & The R.U.D Process - tools to help manage anger effectively.
- I Specialise In Supporting Clients Who Want To Understand Themselves Better. Who Want To Revolutionise The Relationships In Their Lives. Who Dream Of Finding Clarity On Their Direction, Life Purpose Or Future.
- I provide counselling & psychotherapy for individuals & couples. I also facilitate online group therapy for clients wanting to improve their relationship with " Anger".
- My next online 8 Week Program "Breaking The Anger Cycle" begins November 17th 2020. Its 8 x 2hour small group sessions. Email me for more information.
- Relationships can be stressful to deal with, especially when trying to work out acceptable boundaries or forgive or trying to repair damaged relationships. Or when trying to remove destructive or risky, self harming one's out of our lives.
- Or perhaps you put others thoughts and feelings before your own? Knowing deep down this is not what you want? This can be a very lonely & isolating place to be in, where you may feel misunderstood or unable to move forward. These relationships are problematic if they are destructive or prevent us from enjoying life full.
- I am very interested in the many types of relationships we have and how they affect our everyday lives. The reality is we cannot avoid relationships. Problems with relationships in our lives can leave us feeling misunderstood, anxious, angry or depressed.
Doing Things a Different Way
I provide a safe, empathetic space where you can explore your difficult feelings with the consideration they deserve. You won't find me telling you what to do. It's more about me supporting you in discovering your own understanding of your problems - with a new refreshed awareness.
The benefits of what I can offer you:
- Change The way you do angry
- support in a non-judgmental environment.
- help you to reflect and take stock of our emotions.
- teach you effective coping strategies to manage anger.
- accept you for you & understand you.
- the opportunity to speak to a professional in confidence.
- space to get some clarity and focus back into your life.
- to help you move on from traumatic life events
- to start to make much wanted and needed changes in behaviour patterns that limit your relationships & potential.
Feel free to:
Text Message Me or Whats App Me on: 07368839675
Call and leave a message on 01937 363 717, or
Email me using the buttons at the top or bottom of my profile.
I will get back to you within 24 hours (sooner if I can) and please include how you would like me to contact you. If you want me to call you please state a day & time.
Warmest Wishes Yasmin.
Training, qualifications & experience
- My main orientations are The Relational Approach and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. The Relational Approach focuses on how we relate to ourselves and the world around us. our environment. I incorporate into my approach Gestalt, Psychodynamic, Transactional Analysis and Creative Therapies.
- I am the creator of The Angry Tent & The R.U.D Process - support tools to manage anger.
- I have interest in the mind body connection. I am always keen to learn new scientific developments and am committed to continuing professional development.
- I appreciate sometimes words are difficult to say. This is O.K for me. I use a range of creative therapies to help the process.
- I have a number of years experience working with clients from diverse backgrounds including but not limited to young adults and students facing life transitions, adults coping with loss or a bereavement, individuals dealing with substance use/abuse and dealing with childhood trauma. Individuals in the adult industry/ sex workers , financial services industry and clients facing identity issues and anger issues.
- Myself being multi-cultural, multi-racial and multi-religion I can relate to one's struggle with cultural identity and religious conflict. I am experienced with third generation British Asians.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Anger Management in The Workplace.
- £60.00/ 60 minutes
- £80.00/ 90 minutes
- £299 8 Week Online Program : Breaking The Anger Cycle, Starts Tuesday 17th November 2020 7.00pm small group size
Online Counselling & Face To Face please send me an email to check availability.
- Online counselling via secure video link flexible
- Wetherby - Tuesday Sovereign House, Wetherby High St, LS22 6LR