Yasmin Shaheen-Zaffar. MBACP Relationship Counsellor Wetherby & North Leeds
Want To Move Away From The Daily Drama, Fire Fighting And Self Sabotage Patterns Dominating Your Life? Move From Chaos Towards Calm? Are People, Issues Or Trauma From The Past Holding You Back? Is Your Present Tied To The Past? I Can Offer Support To Help You Move Forward .....
Hello I am Yasmin a Wetherby counsellor, working from my private practice in Leeds, West Yorkshire.
- My primary focus as a counsellor is to work with clients who want to enhance the quality of their lives. This can be achieved by raising awareness and making positive changes to the relationships in our lives. Relationships can include people ... your partner, family, friends, neighbours.
- But also the relationship we have with issues such as generalised anxiety disorder, panic attacks, phobias, family issues, depression, feeling sad, intimacy, career, self worth, confidence, food, anger, addiction, finance, alcohol, sex, drugs, depression or anxiety.
- Relationships can be stressful to deal with, especially when trying to work out acceptable boundaries or forgive or trying to repair damaged relationships. Or when trying to remove destructive or risky, self harming ones out of our lives.
- Or perhaps you put others thoughts and feelings before your own? Knowing deep down this is not what you want? This can be a very lonely & isolating place to be in, where you may feel misunderstood or unable to move forward. These relationships are problematic if they are destructive or prevent us from enjoying life full.
- I am very interested in the many types of relationships we have and how they affect our everyday lives. The reality is we cannot avoid relationships. Problems with relationships in our lives can leave us feeling misunderstood, anxious, angry or depressed.
Doing Things a Different Way
I provide a safe, empathetic space where you can explore your difficult feelings with the consideration they deserve. You won't find me telling you what to do. It's more about me supporting you in discovering your own understanding of your problems - with a new awareness.
The benefits of what I can offer you:
- support in a non-judgmental environment.
- help you to reflect and take stock of our emotions.
- accept you for you & understand you.
- the opportunity to speak to a professional in confidence.
- space to get some clarity and focus back into your life.
- to help you move on from traumatic life events
- to start to make much wanted and needed changes in behaviour patterns that limit your relationships & potential.
Feel free to:
Call and leave a message on 01937 363 007, or
Email me using the buttons at the top or bottom of my profile.
I will get back to you within 24 hours (sooner if I can) and arrange to call you or an initial assessment.
Warmest Wishes Yasmin.
Training, qualifications & experience
- My main orientations are The Relational Approach and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. The Relational Approach focuses on our Relationship with ourselves and our environment. I incorporate into my approach Gestalt, Psychodynamic, Transactional Analysis and Creative Therapies.
- I have interest in the mind body connection. I am always keen to learn new scientific developments.
- I appreciate sometimes words are difficult to say. This is O.K for me. I use a range of creative therapies to help the process.
- I have a number of years experience working with clients from diverse backgrounds including but not limited to young adults and students facing life transitions, adults coping with loss or a bereavement, individuals dealing with substance use/abuse and dealing with childhood trauma. Individuals in the adult industry/ sex workers , financial services industry and clients facing identity issues and anxiety and phobias.
- Myself being multi-cultural, multi-racial and multi-religion I can relate to one's struggle with cultural identity and religious conflict
- I have powerful life experience' and professional training which enables me to understand and relate to survivors of suicide and their families.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
Photos & videos
- £60.00/ 60 minutes
- £80.00/ 90 minutes
- Online counselling via secure video link flexible
- Harrogate - Mondays The Serenity Center, 8 Montpellier Street
- Wetherby - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Saturday Sovereign House, Wetherby High St, LS22 6LR
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Punjabi, Urdu & Hindi|
|Wheelchair user access:||No|
Due to premises being on the first floor up a flight of stairs and no elevator, it is not wheelchair accessible. However I can provide therapy sessions via telephone or video calling.
Harrogate - Monday 10.30am - 1.30pm
Wetherby, Leeds - Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 8.00am - 7.00pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|