Yasmin Shaheen-Zaffar. MBACP Relational & CBT Counsellor. Supportive Care.
Thanks for you stopping by and taking the time to read my profile - Are you looking to have better relationships in your life?
Whether you want to build awesome personal relationships or fix broken ones or escape from damaging ones I can help you. I am very interested in the many types of relationships we have and how they affect our lives. Problems with relationships in our lives can leave us feeling misunderstood, anxious & depressed.
Do you have intense feelings that you can't seem to communicate with clarity? Fall into the same old patterns, get angry & stressed instead? This often makes things worse & you end up pushing those you want close to you away. Or do you turn inwards - turning to risky behaviour, self harming or detaching yourself?
This can be a lonely & isolating place to be in. Whether it be family, friends, neighbours, work or things such as food - we cannot avoid relationships. The trouble is they can be stressful to deal with, especially when trying to work out acceptable boundaries or forgive or trying to repair damaged relationships.
It might be you are frustrated at you not being where you want to be in your life. You want to make the shift from chaos towards calm, but overwhelmed at how you are going to achieve this. It all seems impossible, fear of the unknown stopping you from making progress. We can all go through a time in our life when we yearn space in a supportive environment to take stock of our emotions. To be understood, to be heard. To get some clarity and focus back into our lives. To be able to move on from traumatic life events or to just understand why you are the way you are.
Seeking Help. Is there any point?
As a professional with significant life experience, I can assure you with the right support & commitment things can get better. I can support, understand and share with you effective strategies to improve your emotional wellbeing. Counselling helps, by giving you safe space to explore your thoughts and feelings without being judged. Helping to unlock emotions that you have possibly hidden from yourself or others for many years. I specialise In Supporting Clients Who Want To Have Better Relationships .
I can share with you strategies and therapy techniques to help you have better relationships in your life. It starts with having a healthier relationship with yourself - this relationship sets the tone for all other relationships in your life.
It is my belief a healthy relationship with yourself sets the tone for all other relationships. It might sound hard to believe but crack that and most things in your life WILL become easier. My aim is to resource my clients so they become empowered. You will find me down to earth, approachable, kind, pragmatic, caring, compassionate and pro-active. I am definitely non-judgmental. I can guide you in direction of increased self-awareness and personal development by understanding you and being caring and respectful towards you and your situation. It is my intention to make therapy sessions with me productive and uplifting so you can leave inspired and empowered.
Finding The Right Therapist
The fact you are reading this or thinking of finding a counsellor takes courage. It would not be uncommon for you to be wondering if therapy is going to help you - you will be investing your time, money and yourself into the process. I appreciate starting therapy for some can be baffling, disheartening and discouraging. I would urge you to spend some moments reading my profile and my website www.empathyoffered.com If you connect with anything you read or have questions please drop me a message via email, text or voicemail to find out if we are a good match and how we can get your journey to therapy started.
Can you relate to this?
- want to do things differently?
- want better relationships with loved ones?
- Better relationships (fill in the blank) with ............. e.g money, food, sex, alcohol, Religion?
- feel ready to move away from chaos towards calm?
- want to be understood?
- feel sad and lonely and don't know why?
- want to learn new coping strategies?
- don't know what's wrong?
- want to learn to communicate with clarity?
- want to manage emotions better? be calmer? less angry?
- want to move on from trauma or grief?
- have family difficulties?
- are facing relationship breakdown?
- want change?
- feel stuck in a relationship, don't know what to do?
- looking for top up wellbeing maintenance before reaching crisis point?
The benefits of what I can offer you:
- support in a non-judgmental environment.
- help you to reflect and take stock of our emotions.
- accept you for you & understand you.
- the opportunity to speak to a professional in confidence.
- space to get some clarity and focus back into your life.
- to help you move on from traumatic life events
- to start to make much wanted and needed changes in behaviour patterns that limit your relationships & potential.
If I was to give you one good reason to start therapy? Therapy could help you change your life!
Feel free to:
Text me on 07451211748
Call and leave a message on 07451211748, or
Email me using the buttons at the top or bottom of my profile.
I will get back to you within 24 hours (sooner if I can) and arrange to call you for a chat so that you can tell me a bit about your issues and then we can decide we can go further.
Warmest Wishes Yasmin :-)
Training, qualifications & experience
- My main orientations are The Relational Approach and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. The Relational Approach focuses on our Relationship with ourselves and our environment. I incorporate into my approach Gestalt, Psychodynamic, Transactional Analysis and Creative Therapies.
- I have interest in the mind body connection. I am always keen to learn new scientific developments.
- I appreciate sometimes words are difficult to say. This is O.K for me. I use a range of creative therapies to help the process.
- I have a number of years experience working with clients from diverse backgrounds including but not limited to young adults and students facing life transitions, adults coping with loss or a bereavement, individuals dealing with substance use/abuse and dealing with childhood trauma. Individuals in the adult industry/ sex workers , financial services industry and clients facing identity issues and anxiety and phobias.
- Myself being multi-cultural, multi-racial and multi-religion I can relate to one's struggle with cultural identity and religious conflict
- I have powerful life experience' and extensive professional training which enables me to understand and relate to survivors of suicide and their families well.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
Photos & videos
- £60.00/ 50 minutes
- Online counselling via secure video link flexible
- Harrogate - Mondays & Thursdays The Serenity Center, 8 Montpellier Street
- Wetherby - Saturdays & Tuesdays The Wetherby Therapy Rooms, 23A The High Street.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Punjabi, Urdu & Hindi|
Due to premises being on the first floor up a flight of stairs and no elevator, it is not wheelchair accessible. However I can provide therapy sessions via telephone or video calling.
Weekend & Evening Appoints. Available
Online - flexible
Harrogate - Mondays & Thursdays
Wetherby - Wednesday & Saturdays
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|