W. (John) Raymont - Registered Member MBACP.
I can offer you a safe and confidential space where you will have the opportunity to share whatever you choose to bring. I will listen with care, compassion and without judgment.
We will work at your pace to examine any issues that concern you and your world. I work in an integrative way, to support you in exploring your concerns, and in empowering you to make positive changes.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have worked for 5 years as a volunteer counsellor in a local mental health charity and three years in a national bereavement charity. This has given me valuable knowledge and experience enabling me to work with a wide range of issues and clients.
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling - CPCAB
- Level 3 certificate in counselling theory - CPCAB
- Level 2 certificate in counselling skills - CPCAB
- Level 2 certificate in introduction to counselling skills - CPCAB
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
I charge £40 for each session which will be 55 minutes long. Meeting regularly is important in order to build up the therapeutic relationship and we can decide between us what is best for you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available on Mondays and Fridays and also in the evenings. I have counselling rooms in Barnstaple and Bideford but sadly they both have stairs so are not accessible for wheelchairs.
Types of client